2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

An afternoon at The Quilt Shop

I spent yesterday at my LQS, The Quilt Shop in Eltham.  The highlight of the afternoon was meeting marvellous Sonja Martin in person.
As well as being a fun and charming person (and a Facebook Friend of mine) Sonja is a really inspiring human being.  She is very involved in an important charity and one which I am starting to support by making up Share the Dignity handbags. It is an easy and inexpensive way to make a difference to another woman's life.  I've dug out a couple of my old handbags and am going to buy one or two little items each week to add to the bags.  As well as doing something really worthwhile, I think it will be a lot of fun seeking out bits and pieces for the bags.
Here's some more information.
Wonderfully The Quilt Shop in Eltham is a new drop off point.  

This is a really gorgeous little bag.
If you would like to make one you can find a fabulous tutorial HERE at wonderful Skip to my Lou.  Enormous thanks to Cindy for sharing it with us
Have a wonderful day
Love

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What a wonderful cause Mel. So lovely of you to support it and meet lovely Sonja

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea Mel! I must have a scrounge through my cupboards, and see what I have! And the link to that beautiful zipper pouch is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thing to do Mel thank you for telling us about it...it looks like you were having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea. Looked up the site on google and can't find an outlet in WA. I have a bag I would love to fill and donate.. Can I send it to you to pop into your drop off point please?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea Mel. There is a drop off point closer to me so I will be putting something together...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful day with all those lovely smiles! The handbag charity is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great charity idea! And that bag is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a similar drive going on over here! It's called Helping Handbags. My friend is coordinating it so of course I'll be donating. I think they're trying to find a way to carry on donating the "essentials" to homeless women through out the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing all the gossip about you on Friday mornings at the Quilt shop! Sorry I can't get there on Monday afternoons to catch up with you, but Ken and I are doing exercise classes three afternoons a week and Friday morning is my only free time. Plus we get Sharon's cake - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't want you to get the wrong impression - the NOTY ladies do NOT gossip about you on Fridays! They just told me you had been ill and in hospital. Glad you have recovered and are enjoying getting out and about again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...