2016 Free Boms

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Teddy Bears Picnic time


Sweet little Katie is sitting in the garden waiting for her friends to arrive so they can set off on the picnic.  She is another little bear made for Handmade a few years ago.  I had close to 100 patterns published so there are lots more little bears and dollies waiting for their turn to come on the picnic.  I think of her as a dolly-bear because she has a cloth body under her clothes. I figured it helped keep the cost down for people who were making her as there was not as much mohair required and since she was going to be dressed, including of course her bloomers, no-one would know.  I still love the fabric I used and the suffolk puff flowers adorning her dress.

Share a Bear or a Softie 
I'm sure you have a bear or softie who would like to join in the fun.  There might even be some left over Easter eggs to eat.  Please pop your details into Mr Linky and join in.

Fabulous Free Things
Today I thought I'd share a few cute images and a font you can use for scrap booking or making cards, book marks etc.
Tear Bears are really popular at the moment and Joy for Scrapbooking has a really great tutorial here.
One of my very favourite places is the Graphic Garden. I've loved Helena's work for years.  She is so talented and generous.  This one can't be missed. 
Clipart for Free will direct you to heaps of sites with adorable free images.  Take a look here for teddy bear images.
And finally a fun teddy font from Dafont
Can You Help?
 If you are an animal lover please consider supporting the Free The Bears Fund. I do and it makes me feel good to know that I am helping to give the bears in various sanctuaries around the world a safe, peaceful and happy existence.



9 comments:

  1. She is sweet! I'll have to look through my old copies of Handmade to see if I can find her. I have made quite a few cloth dolls, but no traditional type bears yet......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little Kate is adorable. Her dress is very pretty and you certainly have designed some gorgeous bears Melody. I look forward to seeing many more.I have probably seen your beautiful babies before we even 'met'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie sure is sweet - Love her pretty pink dress. She looks ready for a party picnic, or maybe a Royal picnic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate is just lovely Melody. Would love to see all our bears together at the picnic! Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate really is a little sweetie. She looks very pretty in her dress. Will have to do my post later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate bear looks very classy posing nicely in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bears, Pippa, Squeak, Laura and Thea would love to entertain Katie to tea. http://www.flickr.com/photos/47373691@N04/5664303365/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie is beautiful - you are so very talented. I love her outfit too.

    I like making tear bears, they are such fun to do and I made a tear snowman once too :0) happy days.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...