2016 Free Boms

Monday, November 21, 2016

More hexies for me

I've been spending quite a bit of time in the garden in the last couple of days. It is looking so beautiful at the moment,

I've been preparing the garden as much as I can for the hot weather which threatens to strike out of the blue today.  Beautiful temperatures in the early 20's (high 60s) and then 38 (100.4) today. Everywhere is very well mulched and I've been giving the mulch a really good soak in the evenings. 

It won't be much good for my MS either so I'll be staying inside making more hexie flowers just like these.
I'm currently making a scrappy version of Di Ford Hall's Rotherfield Greys.  The hexies are made up from some of my scraps.  The quilt has a bee theme which is why there are bees in the centre of each flower.
In my scrappy quilt I'm using a border fabric from Di's beautiful fabric line Giggleswick Mill.  There are two free patterns for this range of fabrics over at Andover Fabrics.
For Giggleswick Mill please go HERE.
For Giggleswick Mill Country Home please go HERE.

Hope your day is full of fun 
Love

9 comments:

  1. my garden is so dry at the moment... any rain we had quickly disappeared in warm winds..... I love the bee fabric in the centre of your hexies..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your scrappy hexies and the uniformity of the bee in the middle is really smart. I've been cutting and making hexies as my on-the-go project and I really like the idea of just making them scrappy and not worrying if there are enough of each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many bee hexies have you done and are going to make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely garden. You put me to shame. I am struggling to keep mine weed free at the moment. I need o put more plants in..geraniums and ground covers. I just replaced all my potted plants on the back verandah as they all went mouldy. My FMS has been acting up so I am looking forward to the warmer weather, I hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your progress on this quilt. Your garden looks beautiful!! I hope the hot weather hasn't affected you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks beautiful Mel! I'm guessing its happy that the change has come! And your flower hexies are so lovely! I especially like the bees in the centre of each!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hexies I can't wait to start my di ford Route 66. Your garden is looking beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hexies best of all and the idea of a bee in the middle is brilliant! I love bees and anything bee related. It's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...