2016 Free Boms

Friday, June 17, 2016

A morning with Di

Darling Di Ford Hall is back from her overseas trip and it was brilliant to spend a morning stitching with her and a group of ladies who love her and her designs too.

I started a new project...Cloverdale and am very excited about the quilt. I'm going with a teal version, using pinks and reds too. Di suggested I include golds and oranges...which is very exciting...as I never use these colours so it will be a whole new adventure and an excuse to add to my stash.
This is what I bought at Kaye's Needles and Pins, which is sadly closing down. It is so sad to see another much loved quilt shop close.  If you can get to Warrandyte before the end of the month most things are 50% off, so there are super bargains to be found...well worth a trip across town. 
I try to buy for specific quilts these days but couldn't resist putting some of Di's Gigglewick Mill into my stash too.

Earlier this week Jenny shared a fabulous tutorial showing us how to window frame a stitchery.
There are such brilliant detailed instructions and photos.  Please follow this LINK to Jenny's wonderful blog, Elefantz, where she shares this and so much more. Enormous thanks to Jenny.

Have a wonderful and creative day
Love

5 comments:

  1. It's exciting and a little nerve wracking to play with colors you're not used to! I do like the golds you've picked, maybe now post the whole lot together so we can ooohhh and aaahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - lov the fabrics and colors.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with those new fabrics. Our local quilt /wool shop is closing next month and just going to be an internet shop. Not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project to work on Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric... and I'm so envious of your ability to stitch with Di Ford. Absolutely green with envy! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...