2016 Free Boms

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A trip to Carrum Downs...

...and a fabulous Scquilters meeting.  I just love these ladies and it is always a huge bonus to see my lovely friend Ondrea. 
 This month we are lucky enough to have a guest speaker, so I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.



How delightful is this quilt?  It is very special as it was made by beautiful Julie Wallace, who passed away two years ago now... her family very kindly donated it to St John's Quilters and it is their raffle quilt at their quilt show.  I have wonderful memories of Julie, I visited her many times both at her beautiful barn and her delightful shop in Loch and the Loch Quilt Hangings were one of my favourite events.  It would be so special to win this quilt so I plan to buy lots of tickets...fingers crossed.
The St John's Quilters Show details follow.
Victoria Australia
 1st and 2nd of April 
From 10am - 4pm each day
27 Childers St. Cranbourne 3977
$5 (all proceeds to Blairgowrie Living and Learning Centre
(a supported accommodation project) 

Highlights:
The Gallipoli Anzac Triptych Quilt will be on display
A Traveling suitcase exhibition from Vic. Quilters Inc. Remembrance - a 1915 -2015 challenge

Plus: Friday evening 7 - 9.30 pm
Guest speaker Janet O'Dell will bring along her collection of antique quilts.
$20 - coffee and dessert included

Contact Dianne Mitchell 5995 9763/ 0409435769

This is one of the cutest little projects I've seen in awhile.
And it is easy enough for a older child to make for their little sister or brother. There is a fabulous detailed tutorial HERE, very kindly shared by Lindsay at Very Truly Me.  Thank you so much to Lindsay for sharing it with us.

Hope you have time for some stitching today
Love

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see you feeling better and out and about again Melody. Good to catch up with Ondrea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and how lovely of the family to donate it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Mel! I hope they raise a lot of money too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you out & about Mel... enjoy your Squilters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh 2 years ago, I also had many enjoyable trips to Loch & remember going to the very First Quilt Hanging, the day was hot & the little town was jumping !
    Thanks for the info re Petty's orchard, went a few Sundays ago & lucky enough to get the Last piece of apple Pie for that day....which Damien & I fought over, ha ha my spoon was bigger than his so I got more, definitely going back. A real hidden gem. Enjoy your blog very much,keeps me up with all whats happening, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Melody,

    I have my fingers crossed for you.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very special raffle quilt Mel. Look forward to hearing about your guest speaker

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...