2016 Free Boms

Monday, October 12, 2015

A Friends Having Fun Swap

I spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday making a present for my lovely friend Christine.  I was very naughty and told her I was making for her in this swap and she replied, "I'm making for you!"  We made a deal to skip the gift deadline and swap when we were both ready.

At the NOTYQ quilt show Christine bought this pack of Tilda fabric and has started a Tilda stash.
So I wanted her gift to have something to do with Tilda  and it was a wool swap so it needed that too. My project came from this lovely book which I bought a while ago.  I hadn't looked through it for a few months but now I want to make EVERYTHING in the book.

This fun swap has been part of the Friends Having Fun Swap. Many thanks to both Shez and Peg for organising it for us.  You can check out all the goodies swapped HERE.


If you love Tilda too you can view the current catalogue HERE

I fell in love with this beautiful project the moment I saw it.
The dearest little vintage deer.  If you follow this LINK you will arrive at lovely Penny Rose Fabrics where the design team have put together this delightful pattern plus a very helpful tutorial so you can make one too.  Enormous thanks to everyone involved.
Have a wonderful creative day
Love

7 comments:

  1. Love the book and Christine's fabrics !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked on your gift all weekend. It was lovely sitting there stitching. I think I have changed the design at least 4 times this weekend! I'm very happy with it now and I hope you will be too, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be a lovely project from that gorgeous book whatever you decide to make for Christine

      Delete
  3. The Anni Downs book is lovely and I adore Tilda fabrics too, so I think Christine made a good choice! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the 2 of you will make some gorgeous gifts for each other... the fabrics up top are all so pretty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...