2016 Free Boms

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Friendship Tonic

A day with lovely friends is such a tonic. And when the location is the most amazing barn located in green rolling hills on a beautiful sunny day it is a very sweet tonic indeed.  Add in a delicious lunch, delightful fragrant chilled tea with blueberries bobbing on top and lots of cake and it is truly perfect.
I had the best time on Tuesday with these fabulous women, most of whom are Mill Rosie Friends. Not only did I have a wonderful time but my heart was stolen...by Tracee's home.  It is the most amazing place.  A bespoke barn which she and her husband have built with the inclusion of many old salvaged treasures picked up from all over the place.  Everywhere you look there is something to enchant and intrigue.





Tracee's dream is that one day this extraordinary building will become a quilting retreat.  That would be so brilliant.  Thank you so much to Tracee for inviting me to join in this perfect day.


Wonderful L'uccello is having a sale.

I haven't made it in yet but I plan to do it soon combining it with a visit to Bohemian Melbourne, a free exhibition at Melbourne's State Library.
This should be a brilliant day and a perfect match of activities as L'uccello is in the Nicholas Building and Vali Myers (pictured above and featured in the Bohemian exhibition) lived in the Nicholas building.  The Nicholas Building is one of Melbourne's very special treasures.



I always visit if I'm in town.


Did you know that each year Craftsy offers a free BOM?  This years project is absolutely stunning and made by fabulous Jinny Beyer.
Pop over HERE to wonderful Craftsy and read more and you can sign up here too.
Have a wonderful day
Love

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing photos of you day. Looks like a beautiful place. A great day with friends, what more could you want. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a day to lift the spirits!
    enjoy your day in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic home. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel what a brilliant day with awesome friends,so glad it was the tonic you needed,thankyou for sharing your wonderful day,i so wished i was able to go,hope you have a wonderful day in town my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day trip you had - it must have been hard to leave. I agree, it would make a fabulous retreat location. Thank you for sharing your day - I live vicariously through you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to have such a great group of friends and such an awesome place to celebrate. I love the building...gorgeous art deco ceilings and the shop with all those vintage and beautiful threads, ribbons and more! I'd go broke if I lived there! LOL! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And those quilts!!! and the wall painting!! oh my... what a gorgeous place and perfect for a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was the best day Mel, wasn't it?? Such a lovely group! Love your photos of the Nicholas building, have only been in there once, hope to get there again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel - Vail Myers - followed her for years, years ago there was brilliant story about her on SBS or maybe ABC 2 ( can't quite remember which) about her life in Europe , she had pet fox. I sent her a birthday card for her 80th yrs ago. I also had a book that she featured in , sometime in the 60's.....my all time goal was to be an eccentric Bohemian....some of my friends say I'm on the way to my goal !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel - Vail Myers - followed her for years, years ago there was brilliant story about her on SBS or maybe ABC 2 ( can't quite remember which) about her life in Europe , she had pet fox. I sent her a birthday card for her 80th yrs ago. I also had a book that she featured in , sometime in the 60's.....my all time goal was to be an eccentric Bohemian....some of my friends say I'm on the way to my goal !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful space! Glad you had a lovely time catching up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun day love the photos and the quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She does have a beautiful place. It would be lovely as a retreat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome post! Tracee's abode is amazing and the perfect place for displaying her quils. THe bohemian exhibition sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing perfect way to get a good dose of tonic xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful day Mel with Tracee and friends. Her home is just amazing and those quilts look magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad that you had a great day, I know that I certainly did, you can't beat a day with wonderful creative friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...