2016 Free Boms

Sunday, August 17, 2014

A wonderful end to the week

After my fun time Stitching with Rosie on Thursday at Gail B's, little Henry came over to stay.  He is such a funny little thing, he loves to sit up in our bed with the iPad playing his kiddy car games.
I asked him where he was going to sleep and he said, "Here in your spot", so I replied, "Where am I going to sleep?"  "Down the bottom with the dogs", he said happily.  
Luckily I did get to sleep up the top but there was John, Henry and me and then the four little dogs down the bottom.  Bit of a squeeze! but lovely.  It made me think that this is how people slept together with their dogs for thousands of years and it felt just right.
Friday I took Henry home at lunchtime then had heaps of fun at my Friday afternoon stitching group at Sewn and Quilted.  I started a new Rosalie Quinlan stitchery for my Best of Friends hexagon quilt.  As you can see I didn't stitch much but I did have a lovely time, chatting and laughing with the others.
Saturday I was up and off to the most wonderful day of painting and stamping with Barb of Theodora Cleave.  The day was organised by fabulous Karen of Mrs Martins Quilt Shop and held in Ringwood East.  Not far from home but I still managed to get lost.  
I was so inspired by gorgeous Barb.  She is such a brilliant teacher with so much knowledge to share and she makes you feel so empowered you feel you can do anything - even paint!  There were lots of my lovely blogging friends in attendance and I met a lot of wonderful new people too.  Here are Lisa of Max and Louise Pattern Co, Karen and Leanne of Petals and Patches.  Such talented table companions. But everyone was wonderful and this added to the joy of the day.
Barb brought along so much to inspire us.  I'll share some of her samples today and some tomorrow. Later in the week I'll show you what I made.












Apparently Barb doesn't teach much these days, as she is so busy making her exquisite buttons, but if ever you do get the chance to attend one of her workshops, please do.  I had the BEST time and I'm sure you would too.

Here's a pretty cute baby quilt tutorial.
I just can't resist bunting.  Pop over HERE  at A Pretty Cool Life for the tutorial.  Enormous thanks to Cheryl for so generously sharing it with us.
Hope you are having a lovely relaxing Sunday
Love

18 comments:

  1. When we have the grandkids over they always want to sleep in our bed and I don't mind. But four in a double bed is a bit squishy and I sometimes get up in the middle of the night and go to anyother bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel it sure was a wonderful day and it was awesome to be able to spend it with our friends as well,love your pic of little Henry and how sweet he was going to let you sleep at the bottom of the bed with the dogs,lol,what a cutie,see you Sat my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is very cute. The buttons are lovely. Look forward to seeing what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous things and you had such a wonderful time. How cute is your little man xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel little Henry makes me laugh - he is such a cutie. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. What wonderful inspiration from Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing all the photos. I think it would be great to go to one of Barb's days. Maybe she will come to Queensland one day. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures and wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandchildren sleep in my bed bed too ,we send granddad to the spare room lol.My little dog starts on the bed but soon goes to find her basket.Little Henry does look comfy in your bed.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cheeky little Henry sending you down to the bottom of the bed! Glad you had a great time on Saturday. Can't wait to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the samples were amazing, I have always loved these buttons and what a way to display them...might have to drag mine out and see if I can do them justice...and what a cute little fellow Henry is, sounds like a character....love it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep.....looks like you had a perfect week.....and spending time with your little man Henry was the icing.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our little grandie likes to sleep in our room when he is here too... we now have his own mattress that he can move in there! I love the look of that such fun workshop you went to...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! Down at the bottom with the dogs. My only grandson and I sit on the bed all the time. He plays the Wii while I attempt to read. He explains each move to me in detail. My three granddaughters are older and pay little attention to me now. Off doing their own thing. I told my sweet Dakota you are the only one that spends time with me. He says, but I love you Grandma......awwwwwh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little grandson is just sooo gorgeous. I laughed at his comment about your sleeping arrangements. That looks a fabulous class you took with Barb - I have sent for some of her lovely buttons in the past :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh he is such a sweet little Man Mel, such a joy to gave visit. Looks like a wonderful say out full of inspiration. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see the smile on your face while reading your words Mel. So nice of you to share.
    LOvE TC buttons...they are so unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so far behind on blog reading so I only just found the adorable picture of Henry. He is such a cutie and with your description, I can just picture that conversation taking place *smiling*. Also love the pics of your day out and hope you are feeling better now too. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...