2016 Free Boms

Friday, December 30, 2011

The White Rabbits are back....

The white rabbits did a great job of keeping me on track with my sewing projects in 2011.  I completed more projects than I ever have before so they are back in 2012.

Here is the code.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t4m6O6eCQ_Y/Tgx4emyRg9I/AAAAAAAADGU/h7keAml4cZs/s320/thumb_cute-rabbit-wallpapers-1.jpg

The idea is you post a list in your sidebar of everything you want to achieve that month.  I've found it helps because
  • you publicly declare what you plan to do
  • you have the fun of erasing each item as you complete it
  • your list is sitting on your sidebar, where you can clearly see it, as a reminder to get a wriggle on
  • you'll never forget your swap obligations as they are plainly on view
I've always played the funny little game of 'Pinch Punch' on the first day of every month for as long as I can remember.  For those who don't know it, you sneakily creep up on your friend or family member on the first day of each month and then quickly pinch and punch them whilst chanting,

'Pinch, punch, first day of the month
No returns, white rabbits.'

If you don't get the 'No returns, white rabbits' out quickly enough the other person can give you a 'Slap and a kick for being so quick'.
I'm thrilled to be able to say I got John 11 out of the 12 months in 2011.  Silly I know, but it is fun.


And because of that the White Rabbits list was born.  There are no prizes for keeping a list, nothing to join but it is fun and it has helped me achieve so much more.  Just pop back at the end of each month to grab the logo.

PS Don't forget to enter my giveaway, just scroll down.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the updated picture... my list is up... I love keeping the list but I see some of my things have stayed there for several months!!!! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using your white rabbit list, and agree it does keep me on track. Its so easy to just blindy sew this, and stitch that and end up with nothing done. But since I have been using this list I have been so much more productive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...