2016 Free Boms

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic



I made this little snowman as a kids craft project when I was teaching children to sew.  He is picnicing in one of my herb tubs today.  I think I'll make him a tasty batch of cheese and herb scones.
Join in the Fun
Do you have a bear, dolly or softie to share on the picnic today.  Just pop your details into Mr Linky and join in the fun.


Fabulous Free Patterns
There are lots of gorgeous free patterns for snowman projects and I associate them with Christmas even though snowmen would melt in ten minutes on a typical hot summers Christmas' day here in Melbourne.


I think Jean Greenhowe patterns have a special charm and this fabulous free knitting pattern is offered generously here at Jean Greenhowe Designs.


I've mentioned before how much I adore the artwork of Helena at Graphics Garden.  She has so much she shares for free including all manner of Christmas stationery.  These little snowman are adorable.


Michelle at With Heart and Hands did a great post a couple of years ago with links to many wonderful Snowman patterns and she led me to these adorable snowman ornaments at All People Quilt.


And I love this Snowman Door Hanger too.  So cute and a free pattern at All People Quilt


Can You Help
Please consider helping the Free The Bears Fund.
Extend your Christmas cheer to the bears


 I send them donation and it makes me feel really good to know I am easing the suffering of these beautiful creatures.



11 comments:

  1. Your little snowman is so cute Melody. What is it about snowmen? I just love them! Thanks so much for the links to the free patterns... they're all begging to be made aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody. It is looking like a lovely day for a picnic, especially after the storms last night.
    I enjoy seeing your snowman out and about getting ready for Christmas. Thanks again for the wonderful links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snowmen too Melody and it is crazy how we love them here in Oz with our hot Christmas. At least he will be cool amongst the herbs there. Very cute chap! They are amongst my favourite to draw too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel, for another lovely T. B. P, for all the links to the freebies and for showing us your cute little snowman, is his name Meltin Fast? I'm sure he would be in our Christmas weather.Love from R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always smile when I visit your blog! That snowman is so cute, I hope he enjoyed his picnic in the herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great fun! I hope you don't mind some teddies from Wales coming along...?
    The free patterns look lovely!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your snowman , too cute! I know he will enjoy the picnic, thanks for all the great links for snowmen I do love them . I made that door hanger a few years ago as a gift , it is really sweet .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little snowman. I just posted "My Little Pink Bear" coming to the picnic. What is the time difference from Australia to USA?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Melody this is nice, and your snowman is so cute. I love snow, coming from Iceland I have so many nice memories about snow houses with candle lights and snowman with carrot nose and so on. Thank you for the knitting pattern link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel, thank you so much for the free links.. Your little snowman is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love Snow its too cute be care full your stand with bear

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...