2016 Free Boms

Saturday, October 8, 2011

NOTYQ Quilt Show

Today I went to the NOTYQ Guild Quilt Show in Eltham. I had a wonderful time appreciating the various quilts and pincushions on display. The talent of quilters never ceases to amaze me. I love the diversity of style and colour that quilting allows.


If you click HERE you can see a slideshow of the photos I took of some of the quilts that caught my eye. There were heaps more fabulous quilts, but I couldn't get a good photo of all of them because it was quite crowded.

I'll show you the pincushions in another post.

I'm very happy to say my blog bag worked and delightful Christine from MacDonalds Patch spotted me and came and said hello which was fabulous.


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the very comprehensive look at the quilt show! You did an amazing job of getting such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the slide show Mel,gee lots of lovely xmas ones,they were all stunning,thankyou for the tour Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those wonderful snaps. Those quilts are so inspiring. When are we going to see one of yours at the show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the slide show , wonderful quilts , such lovely variety and gorgeous quilting .

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the wonderful slideshow. There are some fantastic quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry if my comment is a repeat.... thanks for the lovely quilts slide show... I don't ever get tired of looking at quilts.. there is so much variety... great to hear the bag worked... what fun...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that's a pretty quilt - glad you had a good time and that your bag worked out fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. I never get tired of seeing quilts. And how cool that your blog bag worked! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great slideshow. Don't know about the one with the posed people standing there though. LOL I actually missed some of the quilts so how silly was I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tahks for the tour Melody...some truly inspiring works of art there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, some beautiful & intricate quilts. The bottles one made me laugh & I loved the different layout used on the Life is Beautiful quilt. Great photos, thanks. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great quilt slide show. We have the Queensland Quilters Guild show very soon. i will try and do a slide show for that. I was lucky to be at the judging last week and got a look at all the quilts before the show. I am always amazed at the variety of ideas quilters come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Melody for sharing the beautiful Quilts!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...