I thought I'd share this really easy design for hexagon flower coasters. I have been using some gorgeous fabrics to fussy cut hexie flowers lately and I thought they really lent themselves to become coasters for a drink in the garden.
You will need:
- Some fabric for your hexagons. The size of the piece will be determined by how often the pattern repeats itself.
- Some hexagon papers. I've used 1" papers here. You can get them at most quilt shops or at Possum Blossom Patchwork on-line.
- A perspex hexagon template. I bought mine at Jane's on-line shop, Want it, Need it, Quilt for only $3.50.
- Some matching thread. I'm not fussy - I just use anything I've got around that's the right colour.
- A piece of wool felt and matching stranded cotton.
- 6 paper clips
- A glue stick which can be used on fabric. See my previous post for details.
Here's how to make a fussy cut hexagon flower.
Remove the hexie papers. Lightly glue the flower to the felt to hold it in place while you are stitching. Don't glue right to the edges.
I'm linking up to