2016 Free Boms

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

A new bear arrived at my place last weekend.  A gorgeous, soft, squishy, huggable bear I've decided to call Walter.  He came from my gorgeous Sam along with a big basket of scented toiletries.  (I received a beautiful quilting book from my other lovely son, Jack. More about that in another post.)  Walter is very happy to be on the picnic but it will be an inside picnic today as it feels like Melbourne's weather is blowing in straight from Antarctica.

Share a Bear or a Softie 
Do you have a bear or a dolly or a softie to share with us all.  Please pop your details into Mr Linky and come on the picnic.



Fabulous Free Things
Sam is married to Adrienne and she loves elephants so I decided to show some fabulous free patterns for stitched and knitted elephants today.

First is a very vintage looking felt elephant from Karen's Variety.  It's the kind of toy my granny might have made me when I was a little girl.
 and this cutie from The Baby Gardeners Baby Bloggie

How sweet are these little angel elephants from  Anne E Weaver at Sewing Crafts.
Next a dear little cross-stitched elephant from Needle Work Tips and Techniques
and an elephant pieced block which Miri designed and was featured on Quilting Gallery.
Finally a couple of wool elephants.
 This knitted one, cleverly designed as a kitty cat toy by Suzy Q Home Maker
and this teeny tiny crochet one from Inner Child Crochet.

A huge thank you to all the clever and generous designers.

 Can You Help?

 If you are an animal lover please consider supporting the Free The Bears Fund. I do and it makes me feel good to know that I am helping to give the bears in various sanctuaries around the world a safe, peaceful and happy existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...