2016 Free Boms

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Flower Wednesday

As some of you know I went away for a girl's sewing weekend. I didn't actually sew very much but I did make the large hexies flowers
 
I'm starting a  hexie flower cot quilt in little animal prints with funny stitched doodle centres from Fonts for Peas.  These are large flowers with 1 1/4" petals...
 
Whereas these are little flowers with 1/2" petals.
Although I didn't sew much on my sewing weekend I did have heaps of fun, laughing, food, games, movies and general frivolity with Viv, Bronwyn, Jacqui, me, Dianne, Rosalie and Dot.  Bronwyn, David and Dot were our hosts and we had the BEST time.

If you like hexie flowers and want to see more please visit Karen who kindly organises One Flower Wednesday for us each week.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. glad you had a nice weekend. But then good company and good food ?? what else does a girl need lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody,

    what a great picture of all the sewing girls together. Nice to read you have had a great weekend.

    And what a lovely hexies! Like the great ones ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again darling flowers. Glad you had so much fun with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun time! How wonderful-thanks for that picture of all of you... I love your big hexi-flowers, Melody, it is going to be a really lovely quilt! Can't wait to see more... I love your stitchery in the centres.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to hear you had a fun time on the weekend and even though you didn't sew much I am sure you are extra happy you did attend . I love your hexies and how you make the little doodles in the centers . Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful flowers once again. I love the two top flowers with their stitchery and the darling animal prints! And your little 1/2" flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend :-). And your hexies are sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such nice fabric, your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative with your hexies and embroidery. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy that you had a wonderful weekend. Your hexies are lovely.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The large flowers are very yummy Melody and the small ones are so cute! And, lovely photo of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hexies with the fun centers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...