2016 Free Boms

Saturday, July 18, 2015

A buying spree

On Thursday night Kelani Fabric visited our NOTYQ guild meeting.  So much deliciousness on show and to buy too.
I did buy some beautiful bird fabric but I mostly resisted as I had a bit of a shopping trip over at G J's fabrics last Tuesday. I think I've finally found the right fabrics to suit my Flowerville project. I am SO in love with them.


And I bought a couple of these Sue Daley jelly rolls too, as I plan to make a new quilt for our bed. The fabric range is called Forget Me Knot and is very very pretty.
It is going to be a log cabin quilt with little pentagon flowers in the centre of each block.  Gorgeous Di Ford taught me to make these.
I'm hoping they will look a bit like these beauties made by Brigitte Giblin.
Hopefully this quilt will not show the doggy footprints quilt as much as the white and pink quilt which is there at the moment.

I've had a very exciting weekend. On Saturday I attended a felt making workshop at NOTYQ and on Sunday there was a Fig n' Berry Stitching Soiree Both were fabulous so I have lots to share this week, including the opening of Michelle's wonderful swap gift.  But for now back to sleep for me.  My horrid MS makes me sleep a day or two for every day out but its worth it when you have so much fun.
This is certainly a beautiful baby quilt...
...and because I found it at fabulous Amy's place, Diary of a Quilter, I know it will go together beautifully. Here is the LINK.  Enormous thanks to Amy for sharing it with us.
Hope you have a fun filled day
Love

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your retro 30's jelly role!!! Swooning....sigh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel I love your new purchases,I think it's the right fabric for your floweville too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes the Retro Fabrics are delicious and I love the blues for your new quilt..
    Hope you are rested now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fabrics for flowerville, so many beautiful purchases. Hope you are resting and feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to see you on Saturday Mel. Rest up and catch up next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your new stash, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I got to play with samples of Forget me Knot on the weekend and it is gorgeous...................

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is going to be a beautiful quilt, i look forward to seeing you work on it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...