2016 Free Boms

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Helen and Christine and Molly too.

It is wonderful to catch up with friends and have a good long chat.
Yesterday I visited Helen in hospital.  She was looking really well and I know she is back home today so that is great news.  No more horrid broth for her. (This is all she was allowed to eat for five days)
We settled in for a good long chat and talked about our sewing and our love of trips to the beach and our shared love of animals.  It is so wonderful to have Helen as a friend, she is truly a good person and so kind and caring of others. While we were chatting another patient at the hospital popped in to wish Helen well and thank her for all she had done for fellow patients.
I put together a little pressie tin for her, so she can stitch while waiting for doctor's appointments.

And then today Christine invited me over for afternoon tea.  

As always there was something delicious to nibble and dear little Molly was nearby, under the table in fact, just incase there was any for her.  
I must admit when Christine answered the phone I did offer her some of my scone and she, oh so delicately, took it from my fingers and swallowed it whole.  I just love little Molly...she is so sweet.

I did take my sewing but we had so much fun chatting I didn't even open my Bambi sewing box.  I love spending time with Christine, she is a true kindred spirit.

I made both these friends through blogging...no wonder I think blogworld is the best.


My friend from Sweden, Monica, adores strawberries so these cushions made me think of her as soon as I saw them.  You can find the pattern and tutorial HERE at wonderful The Purl Bee.  Thank you so much to Purl.


Hope you have had time to catch up with friends
Love

11 comments:

  1. That's a lovely thing to do Mel,Helen is such a lovely friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear Helen is feeling better. What a nice day you had with Christine and Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly has you wrapped around her paws! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just sew nice that you live close enough to visit your dear blogging friends. Lucky girls....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly looks like a sweetie. I’m always wondering how our dogs actually enjoy their treats as they swallow them whole too. Dogs don’t savor their food, do they. The strawberry pillows are so fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I'd find Molly hard to resist also lol. I'm sure Helen loved your thoughtful and loving gesture while in hospital and having something so pretty to work on while recuperating :) Barb.
    P.S: I love the strawberry cushions, brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely social week and Helen will love that stitching to do...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your visit brightened up my day Mel I had so much fun chatting and catching up, and the beautiful box with all the lovely gifts inside was just so incredible. I love the stitchery which i will be starting next week when i visit the surgeon (usually a long wait) You truly are a special treasure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely way to spend time with two good friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...