2016 Free Boms

Thursday, April 30, 2015

EPP-ing with Anthea

Are you EPP-ing? asks Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches.  Well yes I am.  I'm adding to my red, white and pink collection as often as I can.  
Some of these hexie flowers will be firmly sewn to canvas to make new seats for two chairs I scavenged from a road side collection.  The chairs are to be painted cream first.  
I also plan to paint this op shop screen cream, then place hexie flowers panels where there is currently calico.  
Finally there will be a hexie flower quilt to tie it all together.  A long term project for me.

Thanks so much to Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches for giving me the opportunity link up to her Piece Yourself Together Linky Party.
I'm having lots of fun EPP-ing.
For today I found this adorable mini quilt pattern and tutorial.
It is made by Amy Smart of Dairy of a Quilter and shared as part of a fabulous feature on sorting, storing and using scraps HERE.
Amy shares the actual pattern HERE at wonderful Flamingo Toes, as part of 
Enormous thanks to both Amy and Bev, a couple of quilting and blogging stars.

Hope your day is full of fun
Love

24 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,wow what a great find with those chairs I love your idea with tying it all in with hexies,brilliant ,love your hexie flowers too,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing how your screen and chair turns out. I'm sure they are going to be beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "hexie" room accessories will look gorgeous Mel.
    You may never leave the room once complete as it will be wonderful! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ..... what a find ...I jealous (chuckle) looking forward to the finished look....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your screen will look fabulous. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chairs & your screen will look just fantastic when they are done I am sure :-) What a great project. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will be stunning! Loving your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOooo that looks like an antique chair! You can't paint that!!! I can hear you say "watch me" lol. LOve the screen too. That mini is rather cute. Might have to add that to my collection.Your hexies are looking beautiful and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all that you are planning, it sounds beautiful. Your hexies are just lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Melody! I love your idea for covering the chairs with hexagons! Did you really save them from the side of the road?????? The screen will also look amazing once you have pimped it with a lick of paint and more lovely hexies! Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those projects will look great when finished. They will all be lovely together when the quilt is done...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous furniture finds Mel and the hexies are going to be gorgeous on both projects as well as your beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have wanted one of those wood framed fabric screens since the 1980's, what a great op shop find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see your getting some hexies joined up there.........looking good.............

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely hexagons adn I do love your chairs and screen and the plans for them.... will look fantastic with the quilt too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful hexies. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of your makeovers x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your ideas for both the chair and the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Melody - thanks for linking up your beautiful hexy projects with PYT!
    Wow I love your ideas of rejuvenating the chair & screen, & of course the quilt will make them a gorgeous trio... can't wait to see it all take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your hexie projects =- they are going to look so pretty with the cream. Good luck with the long term project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful plans you have for your hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This will be so pretty. It will all tie in so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful project plans Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that scrappy mini quilt! Thanks for sharing the links, Melody. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...