2016 Free Boms

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hexies from Iceland

One of the wonderful things about the Inchy Hexie Flower Swap is that the members are from all over the world including Edda who sent these beauties from Iceland right across the world to here, in Melbourne, Australia.
I've asked for my hexies to be in red, pink and white and I'm just sewing them together at random as they arrive.  I love how this quilt is coming together.  When it is big enough I will bag it and then hand quilt with pink perle cotton.  It is going to live on the back of this couch over my checked quilt.
I love the look of layers of fabrics whether on a couch or on the bed.  No minimalism in this house.


With Halloween nearly here I couldn't resist these little cuties.  You can find the patterns HERE at wonderful Paper-and-String.
Don't forget to pop over to the gorgeous Etsy shop too.
Happy Stitching
Love

15 comments:

  1. Lovely hexies and they have travelled so far to make their new home !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get a parcel all the way from Iceland!! Your hexies are looking wonderful! I like the way you are sewing them together as you go rather than waiting for them all to arrive and fussy over a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hexie quilt and what a great idea to go with a color in different patterns. I also love your quilt on the back of the sofa. Did you make that? It's gorgeous! I love everything you do. And the little Halloween ornaments I pinned. Very cute! You always inspire me....thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Melody,
    Love how the hexie quilt is coming along. It will certainly be a worldly quilt.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hexie quilt is looking great. It will have special memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexie quilt is looking beautiful Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hexie quilt is going to be so full of wonderful thoughts and memories. What a wonderful thing to be a part of. I'm new to the joys of hexies and really love them. It is such a portable project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hexie quilt is a lovely, a real international project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful those hexies all look together. No minimalizing in my house either Mel lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing how your hexie quilt is coming--and with so many different blocks from so many great friends!! I am working on sewing my hexies together too--it is a long time consuming job--and then we have to hand quilt them--wonder what year we will get them done????
    Have fun --hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the scrappiness of your hexie quilt, what a great idea to grow your quilt as the flowers arrive...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...