2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Eastern Palliative Care Quilt Show

This is one of my favourite quilt shows in Melbourne.  This year it moved to a new venue and it was as fabulous as always.  Again I enjoyed the company of my dear friends Christine and Ann.
The quilts were wonderful.  Here are just a few of my favourites.




Gorgeous Melanie was one of the white glove ladies and she showed us the back of a number of quilts, including this brilliant one.  I am so in love with the backing fabric.


I just can't resist a hexie or two.


I'll share some more tomorrow.




I always really enjoy a trip over to Molly Makes.com and fell in love with this beautiful cosmetic bag designed by Kate Smith of The Makery.  You can find this pattern and a great tutorial HERE at Molly Makes.
Hope you have time for some stitching today
Love

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful quilts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show looks wonderful! Thank you for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Mel! I do so love how you show us the most interesting places you go to and the lovely things that you see,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel what a wonderful,time with lovely friends you had,Thankyou for sharing these wonderful quilts.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great show! The hexies have my vote ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing photos of lots of lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilts and it's good to see you, Christine and Ann having a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous quilts Melody. The xmas one is so very different too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they are all amazing - I love a hexy too - and I'm with you on the backing of that quilt, Melody - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you went to it! I did ask if you were going but hadn't heard, and wondered if you would be like me and think that it was too far since they moved from Nunawading! I'm losing my driving confidence as I get older...and I'm missing out on so many shops and quilt shows that I would have driven to a few years ago, but not any more. Don't get old....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...