2016 Free Boms

Friday, June 20, 2014

Sewn and Quilted

I know I mention this shop often but I do enjoy every visit.  I was there for a class on Wednesday and I put together the middle of my Times Past quilt. I'm very happy with the result and I found the hand piecing very relaxing.  
On Carol's advice I used Aurifil thread to hand sew it.  I'd always thought all the buzz around Aurifil thread was a bit over hyped, but now I've used it, I understand why so many people love it.  It was beautiful to sew with.  

You can visit Sewn and Quilted HERE and they will be at the upcoming quilt show at Jeff's Shed in Melbourne.  They are in Row A, please pop by and say hello.

I'll be working on some little hexies for this quilt tonight, as part of this fun event.
You can pop over to Wendy's delightful blog, Sugarlane Quilts to sign up.
Isn't this beautiful.  I found it HERE at Country LaneQuilts.  This is such a wonderful place to visit with many, many delicious small quilts on display as well as a lots of fabulous free patterns. Huge thanks to Kathleen Tracey for sharing her creativity with us all. Kathy also has a wonderful blog A Sentimental Quilter.
Have a happy Friday
Love

12 comments:

  1. wow my lovely friend this is gorgeous and i am so pleased that you found it relaxing,thankyou for todays link,take care my wonderful friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is gorgeous Melody, it is going to be a wonderful quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that Aurifil thread! And you hand pieced that pretty star?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely centre block Mel. Your stitching looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Melody! Glad you found it a relaxing experience - I look forward to watching this grow. I also enjoy Aurifil thread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your star is beautiful! I still just LOVE those colors! Thanks for the free link; love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is so pretty - and PERFECT.
    Well done
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about Aurafil. Your hexie is so pretty. I love the small quilt group and I snagged some of her patterns. I would like to join her group but too busy right now but what a sweetie to hare all those patterns. I love little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your star Mel, really beautiful. I have recently become a convert to Aurifil threads too, I love using them x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I would not use anything thing else for hand sewing or machine piecing!! Your star is wonderful!! And to think you hand pieced it makes it even more special!! Can't wait to see this quilt all completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The star for your quilt is lovely. I admire you taking on these tasks with hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Mel, this is going to be one stunning quilt...Aurifil is so awesome, I fell in love the moment I met it and have never looked back...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...