2016 Free Boms

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Day with Sue and a Give-a-way winner

A couple of weeks ago I had a fabulous day of shopping and window shopping in Northcote Victoria.  I love this strip of shops, so much diversity in store type and not a chain store in sight.
A wonderful discovery was newly opened Mundo Maya, an amazing shop full of high quality, ethically traded Latin American handicrafts.
How beautiful is this Friendship bracelet
which was a gift from Sue.  Very beautiful and very meaningful as Sue's friendship is very important to me.
You can check out their website HERE or visit the store at 384 High Street Northcote.

Another of my favourite Northcote stores is the Friendship Tree at 217 High Street.  It is full of the most amazing handmade goods and vintage treasures. There is an emphasis on felt and anyone who knows me, knows about my passion for all things felt.


Not only are there finished goods there are also supplies and patterns.

Whenever I spend a day with Sue, I have such a wonderful time and laugh so much that the endorphins last and I feel a fabulous sense of well being that lasts for days.  You can check out her blog HERE.  Everything she sews is for charity or other people, she is a remarkable and inspiring person.



My giveaway winner is 
ROBYN 

Here is the prize - a kit to make yourself a Ho Ho Ho Christmas Stocking

Congratulations, I'll be in touch.

Just adorable.
And there is a great tutorial over at Sew Lah Tea Dough.  Here's the LINK. Enormous thanks to Hannah.

11 comments:

  1. I had so much fun that day too Melody, I am so happy that your favourite shop had not gone, just moved! I am happy that you like your bracelet too! YOU make me feel good for days too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like lovely stores. The friendship
    bracelet is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to ROBYN on her win. Those stores look amazeing. Wish we had nice shops like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Robyn... and I just LOVE that bowtie romper suit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what wonderful places to shop Mel,that is what is so fascinating in melb the variety of places to shop,congrats to Robyn on her lovely win and thankyou Mel for hosting such a lovely giveaway,enjoy your weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner! I love that second shop for sure! I wish my house looked like that! LOL! So glad you had such a good day with your friend...laughter is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shops look like fun. Lucky Robyn. Those reindeer look so cute.

    valspierssews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you take me shopping with you....gorgeous places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shops. Congratulations to the winner. I have purchased the pattern, jut need to find time to make it. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melody, Oh, I love The Friendship Tree - I always visit it when I go to the dentist (which is nearby on High St). Makes that obligatory visit to the dentist much better!
    Congrats to the winner.
    hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melody! I got my goodies but lost your email! I would love to send you a personal note if it is okay. Oh, and LOVE LOVE LOVE my scissor fob!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...