2016 Free Boms

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Bluebird of Hope...



...Block 2 is finished and I'm very happy with the fabrics I chose.  I like them much better than my Block 1 fabrics so I'm going to make Block One again in mostly Rural Jardin.  


Kilmore Quilter's is having a Round Robin Mystery Quilt this year, the only difference from usual being we make all our rounds ourselves.  The first month we had to pick a theme and a colour scheme and make an eight inch block reflecting our choices.  This is what I chose.  


I'm going with a bird theme - so all my rounds will either have bird buttons or little bird stitcheries.  And because I am so in love with hexie flowers I decided to start with one in the middle. I'm collecting red, pink, aqua and white fabrics at the moment so these are the colours I am using.


I'm off to NOTYQ tonight.  I'm so glad I joined this group - I always have so much fun.  Hopefully I won't talk too much and so will have some more sewing to share tomorrow.


Finally I caught up with my lovely friend Liz - Elliek from the Village Quilters - yesterday for breakfast and she gave me this adorable little owl.  Isn't he sweet?






FABULOUS FREE STUFF

A fabulous pattern for this bug jar quilt at Bug Jar Quilt.  Super cute.


TEDDY BEARS PICNIC GIVEAWAY WINNER


March 15th's Teddy Bears Picnic featured a giveaway very kindly donated by wonderful Jenny of Elefantz.  
Mr Random Number Generator picked
Christine M as the winner. 
 Huge congratulations - I'll be in touch.


7 comments:

  1. well done Christine,lovely block and hexie Mel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is lovely... RJ is a great range... and a lovely little hexie flower with birds... you are full of great ideas..... have fun tonight...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birdie block, it's beautiful as is your birdie hexie. Have fun tonight. Cute little owl from Liz too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I forgot to say congrats to Christine on her lovely win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The round robin sounds like fun. I like the beginnings of yours.
    Block 2 is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour pallette for your stitchery and new blocks, so fresh and modern. I am loving the cooler weather we are now having, I call it snuggle up and stitch weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Christine!!
    Hugs
    Jenny
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...