2016 Free Boms

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

I just love One Flower Wednesday as it keeps me motivated to keep making my hexie flowers.

Each month I try to fulfil all my swap commitments before I start sewing projects for myself so I'm starting off February with my hexie flowers for Natalie. This is for the Inchy Hexie Flower Swap organised by wonderful Jane from Want It. Need It, Quilt. Natalie asked for pastel colours and I hope she likes these flowers.

Because we are on such a steep block our house is built up from the ground on one side and there is a lot of storage underneath.  Even though Sam moved out about four years ago he still has quite a bit of his stuff still at home - I'm sure this is a familiar story for many of you with adult children.  He was under the house looking for something of his and he found four tubs of fabric I'd stashed away and forgotten about.   It's like re-meeting old friends.  And this is where I found the fabric for Natalie's hexie flowers.

Every week lovely Karen from Journey of a Quilter gives us the chance to share our hexie flowers as part of One Flower Wednesday.  Thank you so much, Karen.


FABULOUS FREE STUFF
Over at Shruti's blog 13 Woodhouse Road, fabulous Doris from Threads of Conversation has written a guest post.  It features a tutorial showing how she makes her Candied Hexagons. Truly fabulous.

16 comments:

  1. 4 tubs.... oh like christmas for you.... I also like to get swap committments done first - your hexies are lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in your hexies are just beautiful. They make a certain partner very happy I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty Hexies Mel ,well done and what a find,4 tubs it will be like xmas,how nice,enjoy going through them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hexies. Yours are very pretty. I admire your commitment to start it on the 1st of the month. That way there is no burning the midnight oil. Right? Some day I will finish my shabby one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little flowers. How sweet to add the embroidery.
    OOOOO!!! those candied hexies are so neat looking. off to see the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Melody. I love the stitching in the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hidden treasure of fabric, how wonderful is that! Natalie is going to love her flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers are so spring! Lucky swap partner! Yesterday i saw my first daffodil blossom... Spring is coming! I hope going through your boxes brings you great joy & fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four tubs of fabric! What a treasure trove! And more cute hexie flowers result from that...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty soft petals on your flowers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers, love the stitchery! FOUR TUBS???? Oh Melody that is too funny...what fun to re-discover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty hexies with the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers! How fun to have found some long forgotten fabric - and maybe some you knew you had but just didn't know where you had stored it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat to find 4 tubs of fabric - the pastel flowers are really pretty. Have fun playing with your new found stash x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Spring hexies, just beautiful! (my favorite season)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...