Time for Part two of Home Sweet Home and there are some bucolic touches to add this month.
Cut out the tree, bee hive, bird and sheep from felt or your fabric of choice.
You can download the pattern here.
Just like last month I suggest you start with the tree first as you want to make sure you have room for all its branches. I added and completed the tree before I added the other features.
- Cut out the trunk and lightly glue it in place. To give some texture to the trunk, I stitched a few horizontal rows of running stitch up the trunk and along the upper branches.
- Complete the lower branches with chain stitch.
- Then arrange an assortment of buttons on the branches and sew in place. I've got a really great button collection and so I didn't have to go out and buy buttons. If you don't have many or don't want to have to spend money, or just don't like or want them on your rug, you could replace them with circles of felt.
Next for the little bee hive. Glue it in place, blanket stitch around and add some back stitch details using the photos for guidance if you want.
- Now for a couple of cute little sheep. They would look wonderful with little black faces and legs but my background fabric was too dark to allow this.
- Don't forget to add some little woolly swirls to their backs.
- Be careful not to encroach too close to the end of the rug as another building will be coming next.
Don't worry that there are gaps in the decoration at the moment as Part 9 will be our 'tissying' month. We'll add flowers to the gardens and more grass under the trees, little bees buzzing around the hives, numbers to the doors and fruit on some trees. You can start looking out for sweet buttons and charms if that takes your fancy.
Hope you are having fun stitching along. See you tomorrow for Tuesday Treasures.
PS Don't forget to enter my give-away on my Feb 9th post. Just leave me a comment on that post and you will be in the draw.