2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

This week I thought I'd share this little book - 101 Salivations - For the Love of Dogs. I treasure all of my books and this is a particular favourite.
 Any time I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps I look through this little book and feel so much better.  It's full of great quotes and fabulous photos. It always makes me smile.

Another treasured doggy favourite is this poem based on Rudyard  Kipling's 'If'

If you can start the day without caffeine,
If you can get going without pep pills,
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,
If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when, through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him,
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics.....
Then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.  



I also thought I'd share these darling little doggy hair clips I bought on Monday at another of my very favourite shops, Morris Brown. They are only new but I love them and regard them as treasures already.  They are so beautifully presented on the little bunny card.

The girls at Morris Brown have a shop in Healesville and opened another in Heathmont.  Well worth the trip out along Canterbury Road.  They have a mix of vintage pieces and fabulous handmade items.  Just wonderful, a real treasure in the suburbs. (and Gail B's fabulous quilting shop is just 10 minutes up the road - they have a sale on all this week too. They extended the shop last weekend and it now has 10,200 bolts of fabric WOW))

Do you have a little, or big, treasure to share with us.  It can be a thing, a person, a place, an idea or a feeling.  Anything you choose.  Just pop your details into Mr Linky and join in the fun.






10 comments:

  1. Wonderful posts about dogs , they are such a great addition to a household and how true that poem is , the book I am not familar with but I am sure it is great. Love the little hair clips too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks so cute, love the cover pic, lol. Your hair clips are way too sweet...treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous book!
    Would be a treasure on my list too.
    Love your little scissor fobs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that poem Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is a gorgeous book and right up my alley I haven't read it either but I'm sure it's beautiful. I love the poem and it is so true. Doggies are on my mind lately too. Your clips are so cute... Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mel, Thankyou for sharing this particular Rudyard Kipling poem, lovely. Cheers Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Mel,Love the poem. " Morris Brown" will have to be added to my " Must Go " list, you find the best shops. Love R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! It makes me happy. For many reasons.. I LOVE dogs. Esp. my Newfie.. and I LOVE the poem. So great, and all of your little treasures.. the shops sound great, would love to check them out! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful book. So funny that the cover on yours is so very different than the cover on my copy. Both do feature Danes, though.
    Rachel Hale is one of my favorite artists/photographers.

    Give your furries a hug from me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Melody for the doggy thoughts. I do love the poem.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...