2016 Free Boms

Friday, December 17, 2010

A little bit of sewing +FNSI

A few weeks ago I joined the

I picked my layer cake and downloaded the patterns over the next few weeks (a new block comes out every two weeks) but then didn't get around to starting my quilt.  Last night I was able to grab a little time to sew so I made the first three blocks.
Block One:
 
Block Two:
I'm not completely happy with my version of block two and will probably redo it but here it is for now....
 
Block Three:  I plan to make a couple of very small hexie flowers to sit in this basket.
 
Tonight is FNSI and hopefully I will make Block Four and make the little hexie flowers.

It is always fun to be part of a Friday Night Sew-In.  My DH is a harness racing fan and always goes to the trots on a Friday night so I can peacefully sit at home and sew.  And I get to watch TV without someone channel flicking - what is it with men and TV remote controls?
Heidi from Handmade by Heidi organises FNSI's for us.  There are always over 100 participants.  I love to think of all those others happily sitting and sewing along with me.  There is still time for you to join in.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous blocks.
    The basket will look lovely with the hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. they look great and 3 so quickly...I too love Friday Nights... hubby usually goes to Archery and I have about 4 hours to my self...Girls are asleep ...I will be thinking of you as I sew along tonight on my own...trying to finish a Christmas quilt for a pressie...
    Happy stitching
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks! I think the basket with the hexi flowers will be my favorite!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful blocks!! I love basket blocks but I haven't seen that one before. Looking forward to seeing it with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melody,

    I love your blocks, and look forward to seeing it with the flowers.
    I know exactly what you are saying about the remote control, haha.

    Happy Christmas week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...