2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday Treasures


A couple of weeks ago lovely Carolyn at Clenbar Cottage mentioned this wonderful book in a post and so I got my copy off the book shelf and have spent the last week or so re-reading it.

What a treasure!  It was written in the bi-centennial year and is a record and celebration of women's contribution to the decorative arts in the first 200 years of European settlement in Australian.

I remember adoring it when I purchased it all those years ago but I didn't sew in those days so I viewed it with different eyes this time.  It is truly wonderful.  Occasionally it turns up in op shops and second hand book shops and if you see it - grab it, I'm sure you will love it too.

Do you have something to share as part of Tuesday Treasures.  It can be a thing, a person or a place. An idea, a dream or a concept.  Anything you'd like.  Just pop your details into Mr Linky and join in the fun.

Hi Tanya, I'm still having trouble getting back to you.  Please email me so I can see your Tuesday Treasure and say thank you for playing along.

11 comments:

  1. looks like a lovely book Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall certainly be keeping my eyes open Melody. I coveted Carolyn's copy as well. LOL! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall have to look for a copy. I looks beautiful.
    Cheers Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely book... it is so nice to look at the wonderful creative fabric art done.... will look out for this book...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure is a treasure. I just love mine. I think I got it online from www.abebooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I borrowed a copy of that from my local library once! But I've never owned a copy! I will be on the look out when I'm next op shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks a beautiful book. I have an old embroidery book of my mothers and I love it, I will have to blog about it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a very beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful looking book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm finally catching up on reading lots of posts. There has never seemed the time since we came back from holidays - sad I know. I too have a copy of this gorgeous book. I bought it when it first came out and have read it over and over. I must get it out and read it again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...